Please note that this software is intended to be used on Microsoft Windows. If you use a Mac, please try the following:
- Bootcamp on Mac: Install Windows and then Microsoft Project. Bootcamp is a tool offered by Apple that allows you to install Windows on some Macs, such that when you start your Mac, you can choose to start into Windows, or into your regular Mac OS. Note that this will require a valid Windows license.http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461
- Virtual machine on Mac: note that some students in the past indicated that Microsoft Project may perform erratically in this case.
- Install Microsoft Project on an Internet-connected PC, and connect to that machine via remote desktop.
If you run into technical issues or need further assistance, please refer to the Technical Support section below.
Downloading MS Project 2010
To download Microsoft Project 2010:
If you are an MBA student, click on http://e5.onthehub.com/d.ashx?s=38jx1n2uvt
If you are an MIS student, click on http://e5.onthehub.com/d.ashx?s=s5w60iefy6
- Click on Sign In (toward the top right of the screen).
- In the Single Sign-On section on the left of the screen, click on Sign In.
- Enter your UA NetID and Password in the appropriate fields and click on Login
(Note: You may not be prompted to log in to WebAuth if you are already logged in.)
- In the Product Search field, enter Project and then click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Scroll down to Project Professional 2010 and click on this item:
- Click on Express Checkout.
- Click on Express Checkout again.
- Click on Download Your Software. You will receive an automated email confirming your order.
- The Download Instructions page should display. Under Step 1, click on Download SDM.
(Note: leave the Download Instructions page open as you will need to come back to this page.)
- After complete download SDM_EN file, click on it to start the SDM file.
- Follow the Wizard’s online instructions.
- Followed all the remaining steps, click on Finish.
- Go back to the Download Instructions page.
- Under Step 2, click on Download .SDX.
- After complete downloading the Project 2010 File, click on it to launch it in the SDM you installed earlier.
- In the SDM (Secure Download Manager), click Start Download for Project 2010.
- Now wait for SDM to download the Project Installation packet.
- After the download is complete, click Launch to open the downloaded folder.
- Click on the Project 2010 with Service Pack that you just downloaded.
- Double click the en_project_2010 packet.
- Double click setup to start installing Project 2010.
- Project will ask your permission to allow changes to your device. Click Yes to allow changes.
- Now Project 2010 will ask you the product key.
- To find your product key, go back to Microsoft Imagine, click on Your Account/Orders. (You may need to Single Sign On again)
- Find your Project 2010 order, click on View Details.
- The Product Key is shown in red font. Copy the Product Key into Project.
- Enter your product key and click Continue.
- Microsoft will ask you to agree to the License Terms. Check the I accept box, then Continue.
- Select Install Now, and follow the rest of the instruction.
- Now search for Project in your device.
- Your Project 2010 should be ready to use!
If you experience technical issues (e.g., the Microsoft Imagine system does not allow you to successfully download software), please send an email to email@example.com and explain that you are having trouble with the Microsoft Imagine system and/or having trouble installing Project 2010.
Please provide detailed information about the issue you are experiencing and provide screenshots when possible. Be sure to use or include your UA email address; that e-mail address is the one used for our Microsoft Imagine system.
You should receive support within 1-2 business days.
If you do not know your NetID credentials, or are having trouble with the WebAuth system, please contact the UITS 24/7 Support Center at 520-626-TECH.