Please note that this software is intended to be used on Microsoft Windows. If you use a Mac, please try the following:
- Bootcamp on Mac: Install Windows and then Microsoft Visio. Bootcamp is a tool offered by Apple that allows you to install Windows on some Macs, such that when you start your Mac, you can choose to start into Windows, or into your regular Mac OS. Note that this will require a valid Windows license. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461
- Virtual machine on Mac: note that some students in the past indicated that Microsoft Visio may perform erratically in this case.
- Install Microsoft Visio on an Internet-connected PC, and connect to that machine via remote desktop.
If you run into technical issues or need further assistance, please refer to the Technical Support section below.
Downloading MS Visio 2016
To download Microsoft Visio 2016:
If you are an MBA student, click on http://e5.onthehub.com/d.ashx?s=38jx1n2uvt
If you are an MIS student, click on http://e5.onthehub.com/d.ashx?s=s5w60iefy6
- Click on Sign In (toward the top right of the screen).
- In the Single Sign-On section on the left of the screen, click on Sign In.
- Enter your UA NetID and Password in the appropriate fields and click on Login
(Note: You may not be prompted to log in to WebAuth if you are already logged in.)
- In the Product Search field, enter Visio and then click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Scroll down to Visio Professional 2016 and click on this item:
- Click on Express Checkout.
- Click on Express Checkout again.
- Click on Download Your Software. You will receive an automated email confirming your order.
- Click on Download to confirm the download.
- Click on Save, to save Visio 2016 file.
- After complete downloading, click on Open to start the Downloaded file.
- Click setup.exe in the folder to start installing Visio 2016.
- The Visio just downloaded will show installation window, click Yes to allow changes to your device.
- Wait for Visio do install.
- Now the installation complete, Close the installation window.
- Now Search for Visio in your computer, then click Visio 2016 to open the software.
- The first time you open your Visio, the software will ask you for Product Key.
- To find your product key, go back to Microsoft Imagine, click on Your Account/Orders. (You may need to Single Sign On again)
- Find your Visio 2016 order, click on View Details.
- The Product Key is shown in red font. Copy the Product Key into Visio.
- Your Visio 2016 should be ready to use.
If you experience technical issues (e.g., the Microsoft Imagine system does not allow you to successfully download software), please send an email to email@example.com and explain that you are having trouble with the Microsoft Imagine system and/or having trouble installing Visio.
Please provide detailed information about the issue you are experiencing and provide screenshots when possible. Be sure to use or include your UA email address; that e-mail address is the one used for our Microsoft Imagine system.
You should receive support within 1-2 business days.
If you do not know your NetID credentials, or are having trouble with the WebAuth system, please contact the UITS 24/7 Support Center at 520-626-TECH.